Bethany Church belongs to The Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. We believe…
We believe the Holy Scriptures are the divinely inspired Word of God and are authoritative in all manners of Christian faith and practice.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—who is the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of men. Men are reborn through genuine repentance and personal faith in Him.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict, teach, guide, and enable Christians to live a Godly life.
We believe that the Church is composed of believers in Jesus Christ. He is the Head and the Source of its life. The Church, Christ’s body, exists to bring glory to Jesus Christ and to accomplish His purpose.
We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ. This is the hope of the Church and its encouragement for ministry. We believe those reborn will live with the Lord forever and those who are not reborn in Christ will not share in His eternal Kingdom.
Congregational Values. We value:
1. Small Groups as the preferable approach to providing care and effecting life change.
2. Celebrative and corporate worship and a commitment to expository Biblical teaching.
3. Equipping people to identify and foster the full use of their spiritual gifts.
4. Exemplifying life in Christ by ministering wherever you are.
5. Promoting a servant-leadership culture.
6. Honouring, promoting and strengthening families.
7. Fun-loving, flexible and visionary.
8. Developing wholehearted followers of Christ.
9. Understanding our community and responding in a relevant manner.
10. Embracing diversity and integrating generations, cultures, nationalities, languages and general demographics in our community.
Interpersonal Values. We value:
1. Unconditional love for and acceptance of all who come.
2. Being a caring, safe and secure community.
3. Being uncompromisingly Biblical in doctrine and daily living.
4. Being accountable to one another.
5. Communicating Christ in a relevant manner to the community.
Wondering what Bethany believes about baptism, child dedication and membership? Click here for more information.